Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yea, I think we should nuke 2.1.0-alpha and re-create when we're
> actually going to do a release. On the HDFS side there's quite a few
> things already waiting to get out, if it's going to take another 4 or
> so weeks then would be great to shoot for getting HDFS-3077.

Seems doable to me. I'm in the "finishing touches" stages now, and
feeling pretty confident about the basic protocol after a few
machine-years of fault injection testing, plus some early test results
on a 100 node QA setup. After the current round of open JIRAs goes in,
I'll start a sweep for findbugs, removing TODOs, and a adding a few
more stress tests. Then I think it will be a good time to propose a
merge.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon