HBase >> mail # user >> delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 15:09
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 02:10
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 03:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-22, 03:56
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 04:36
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-22, 05:01
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 06:50
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
Which version of hbase?  Because coprocessors are available in 92 and above
versions only.

Regards
Ram

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> we need to confirm that put must be safe,but deletes must be quick and
> low-latency.
> On Nov 21, 2012 11:10 PM, "Michael Segel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Some time later?
> >
> > Time of course is relative, so I have to ask what occurred between the
> > write and the delete?
> > How much time? Did you have any compactions in between the write and the
> > delete?
> >
> > Why are you not consistent in your use of the WAL ?
> >

> > On Nov 21, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > hi,all.
> > > I want to describe a phenomenon that happens to our hbase cluster.
> > > I use puts(List<Put>) to insert many records with writing hlog enable,
> > > and some time later I delete all of these records with writing hlog
> > disable.
> > > When one week later, i scan the table, I found some records I have
> delete
> > > reappear again.
> > > It is an interesting case. In my opinion, if we delete data without
> > enable
> > > writing hlog, when regionserver fails, the log will replay in another
> > > regionserver.
> > > Can anyone tell me if I persist on deleting records without enable
> > writing
> > > hlog, is there a way to prevent these records from reappearing again
> some
> > > time later?
> > >
> > > Cheers!
> > > --
> > > Bing Jiang
> > > weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> > > BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> > > BLOG: http://www.binospace.com
> > > National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> > > Institute of Computing technology
> > > Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:17
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:18