HBase, mail # user - delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 15:09
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 02:10
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 03:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-22, 03:56
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 04:36
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-22, 05:01
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 06:50
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 15:24
Which version of hbase?  Because coprocessors are available in 92 and above
versions only.

Regards
Ram

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> we need to confirm that put must be safe,but deletes must be quick and
> low-latency.
> On Nov 21, 2012 11:10 PM, "Michael Segel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Some time later?
> >
> > Time of course is relative, so I have to ask what occurred between the
> > write and the delete?
> > How much time? Did you have any compactions in between the write and the
> > delete?
> >
> > Why are you not consistent in your use of the WAL ?
> >

> > On Nov 21, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > hi,all.
> > > I want to describe a phenomenon that happens to our hbase cluster.
> > > I use puts(List<Put>) to insert many records with writing hlog enable,
> > > and some time later I delete all of these records with writing hlog
> > disable.
> > > When one week later, i scan the table, I found some records I have
> delete
> > > reappear again.
> > > It is an interesting case. In my opinion, if we delete data without
> > enable
> > > writing hlog, when regionserver fails, the log will replay in another
> > > regionserver.
> > > Can anyone tell me if I persist on deleting records without enable
> > writing
> > > hlog, is there a way to prevent these records from reappearing again
> some
> > > time later?
> > >
> > > Cheers!
> > > --
> > > Bing Jiang
> > > weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> > > BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> > > BLOG: http://www.binospace.com
> > > National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> > > Institute of Computing technology
> > > Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:17
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:18