Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 01:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:02
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-26, 23:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-27, 01:06
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-30, 23:28
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-01, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 23:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 01:24
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-02, 07:07
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:11
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-03, 00:53
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 22:05
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-03, 08:06
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-03, 15:23
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 19:13
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-04-26, 23:52
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-26, 02:23
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-29, 22:37
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 02:05
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-30, 16:48
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 17:09
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-26, 02:31
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:15
+
Eli Collins 2013-04-26, 19:07
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 21:42
Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eli, I will post a more detailed reply soon. But one small correction:
>

> I'm also not sure there's currently consensus on what an incompatible
>> change is. For example, I think HADOOP-9151 is incompatible because it
>> broke client/server wire compatibility with previous releases and any
>> change that breaks wire compatibility is incompatible.  Suresh felt it
>> was not an incompatible change because it did not affect API
>> compatibility (ie PB is not considered part of the API) and the change
>> occurred while v2 is in alpha.
>>

> This is not correct. I did not say it was not an incompatible change.
> It was indeed an incompatible wire protocol change. My argument was,
> the phase of development we were in, we could not mark wire protocol
> as stable and not make any incompatible change. But once 2.0.5-beta
> is out, as had discussed earlier, we should not make further incompatible
> changes to wire protocol.

Sorry for the confusion, I misinterpreted your comments on the jira
(specifically, "This is an incompatible change: I disagree." and "see
my argument that about why this is not incompatible.")  to indicate
that you thought it was not incompatible.

> --
> http://hortonworks.com/download/
+
Luke Lu 2013-04-26, 20:37