HBase >> mail # user >> FuzzyRowFilter in hbase shell

+
Robert Hamilton 2013-03-28, 17:38
+
Alex Baranau 2013-03-28, 18:50
Re: FuzzyRowFilter in hbase shell
What Alex said or try the filter language that is described here:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#thrift.filter-language  You can use it
from the shell too (Do "help 'scan'" in shell and see where it talks about
filters:

"....The filter can be specified in two ways:
1. Using a filterString - more information on this is available in the
Filter Language document attached to the HBASE-4176 JIRA
2. Using the entire package name of the filter."

St.Ack
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Alex Baranau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I guess you have to use JRuby language to use it in shell. You may have an
> idea how to do that if you already using other filters in shell. I haven't
> done that.. sorry.
>
> Java example:
>
>     Scan scan = new Scan();
>     List<Pair<byte[], byte[]>> fuzzyKeysData = new ArrayList<Pair<byte[],
> byte[]>>();
>     // search for "?BC??FG"
>     fuzzyKeysData.add(new Pair<byte[],
> byte[]>(Bytes.toBytes("\\x00BC\\x00\\x00FG"), new byte[]{1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0,
> 0}));
>     FuzzyRowFilter filter = new FuzzyRowFilter(fuzzyKeysData);
>     scan.setFilter(filter);
>
> Also, if you can, please use
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6618 one. This is an improved
> version with ranges support, better API and documentation.
>
> Alex Baranau
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Robert Hamilton <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all. It it possible to test FuzzyRowFilter from the shell? If so,
> could
> > somebody kindly point me to an example?
> > TIA -- Bob
> >

> > --
> > This e-mail, including attachments, contains confidential and/or
> > proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
> > which it is addressed. The reader is hereby notified that any
> > dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
> you
> > have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
> > this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

+
Robert Hamilton 2013-03-29, 16:34