Hive >> mail # user >> HWI use on AWS/EMR

Re: HWI use on AWS/EMR
Hey Tony,

Port forwarding is the same as what Dean referred to as ssh tunneling.

Here is a website explaining how to set up port forwarding in putty (use
port 9999):
http://www.cs.uu.nl/technical/services/ssh/putty/puttyfw.html

You can edit either hive-default or hive-site but the general practice is
to store changes from the default configuration in hive-site.

Best,
Ariel
---------------------------------
Ariel Marcus, Consultant
www.openbi.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
150 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 2800, Chicago, IL 60601
Cell: 314-827-4356
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Tony Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Ariel,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply. We’ll be accessing the HWI from Windows
> rather Linux desktops, so can you help me out with understanding how to
> carry out the port forwarding from a Windows environment? Currently I use
> WinSCP to initiate a connection to the EMR instance, then spawn a PuTTY
> session.****
>
> ** **
>
> The changes to the hive config look identical to what I’ve changed in my
> hive-default.xml. Does it make any difference which config file the
> changesare applied to (hive-default.xml vs hive-site.xml)?****
>
> ** **
>
> Tony****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original
transmission and all copies from your system.