HDFS, mail # user - Hadoop Archives under 0.23

Hadoop Archives under 0.23
Alexander Hristov 2012-10-02, 06:12
Hello

I'm trying to test the Hadoop archive functionality under 0.23 and I
can't get it working.

I have in HDFS a /test folder with  several text files. I created a
hadoop archive using

hadoop archive -archiveName test.har -p /test *.txt  /sample

Ok, this creates a /sample/test.har with the appropriate parts (_index,
_SUCCESS,_masterindex,part-0).  Performing a cat on _index shows the
texts files.
However, when I try to even list the contents of the HAR file using

hdfs dfs -ls -R har:///sample/test.har

I simply get "har:///sample/test.har : No such file or directory"! WTF?

Accessing the individual files does work, however:

hdfs dfs -cat har:///sample/test.har/file.txt

works

Regards

Alexander
+