Pig >> mail # user >> Pig UT last nearly 8 hours and TestEvalPipeline2 lasts for 37 minutes

+
lulynn_2008 2012-11-14, 02:28
+
Johnny Zhang 2012-11-14, 02:37
+
lulynn_2008 2012-11-14, 03:27
+
Johnny Zhang 2012-11-14, 19:12
Re: Re: Pig UT last nearly 8 hours and TestEvalPipeline2 lasts for 37 minutes
There are a couple of ways to shorten the time... one (super helpful one)
would be to look at tests using the MiniCluster, and convert them to use
local mode. A lot of tests are run using a full MR job when they aren't
testing a piece of Pig relevant to that interop.

Another way is to split up the tests and run them on a different CI worker.
Obviously this doesn't help if you're running it locally.
2012/11/14 Johnny Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi, lulynn_2008:
> I am not aware of how to shorten the time.
>
> Johnny
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM, lulynn_2008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.
> > Then my environment is normal.
> > Is there any way to shorten the time? I think maybe we can find a way to
> > shorten the time.
> >

> > At 2012-11-14 10:37:55,"Johnny Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >Hi, lulynn:
> > >Yes, whole Pig unit tests run about 8 hours.
> > >TestEvalPipline runs about 26 mins and TestEvalPiplineLocal runs about 3
> > >mins.
> > >
> > >Hope it is helpful,
> > >Johnny

> for