Avro >> mail # dev >> Tracking the current position of stream decoded BinaryDecoder

Tracking the current position of stream decoded BinaryDecoder
Hi,

BinaryDecoder offers getPos() to get the current position which I assume should correspond to the progress the BinaryDecoder has made decoding the passed stream.

However it is inconsistent (perhaps it is a bug, but I suspect so); Calling BinaryDecoder.getPos() after first deserialization gives 0.

I would like to track the exact position of which the BinaryDecoder has reached.

For example if the stream contains a long that is 4 bytes, int that is 3 bytes, and fixed bytes array that is 10 bytes then I would like to get the following information:

Start: pos`=0
After deserializing long => pos`=4
After deserializing int => pos`=6
After deserializing fixed => pos`=15

Is it possible to get this information? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Youssef