HBase >> mail # user >> RPC Replication Compression

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-04, 08:21
+
Anoop John 2013-06-04, 09:34
Re: RPC Replication Compression
If RPC has compression abilities, how come Replication, which also works in
RPC does not get it automatically?
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Anoop John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > 0.96 will support HBase RPC compression
> Yes
>
> > Replication between master and slave
> will enjoy it as well (important since bandwidth between geographically
> distant data centers is scarce and more expensive)
>
> But I can not see it is being utilized in replication. May be we can do
> improvements in this area. I can see possibilities.
>
> -Anoop-
>

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wanted to make sure if I read in the internet correctly: 0.96 will
> > support HBase RPC compression thus Replication between master and slave
> > will enjoy it as well (important since bandwidth between geographically
> > distant data centers is scarce and more expensive)

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-06-04, 16:48
+
Stack 2013-06-04, 23:34