HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: For Hadoop 2.0.3; setting CLASSPATH=$(hadoop classpath) does not work, as opposed to 1.x versions

+
Shumin Guo 2013-03-06, 16:40
Re: For Hadoop 2.0.3; setting CLASSPATH=$(hadoop classpath) does not work, as opposed to 1.x versions
When you constructed the classpath with the full path did you also add slf4j-log4j12-*.jar(http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder) to the classpath. The jar should be in HADOOP_HOME/lib. This should help with SLF4J issue.

> 13/03/04 11:17:23 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

How did you install hadoop. Did you use tarballs or rpm's? Do you have so files in HADOOP_HOME/lib/native?

If you used tarballs you might have to rebuild the native code for your OS

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha/BUILDING.txt

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.