HBase, mail # user - question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 06:25
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-04, 08:57
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:00
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-04, 10:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 06:09
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 06:21
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:03
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 07:30
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:38
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 07:58
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 07:55
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 08:01
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 08:07
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 08:21
Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-04, 09:02
I think we should have some explicit indicator for this feature.

Mind filing a JIRA for this?

Regards
Ram
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Currently datanode shows a lot of clienttrace logs for DFSClient. I did a
> quick command line check to see how many clienttrace do I get per active
> RegionServer and it seems the local RegionServer had very few (< 1%).
>
> Given that datanode logs are too noisy with clienttrace, I was hoping to
> find the metrics in an easier way. But maybe I will hunt the logs now.
>
> Any pointers on what type of log to look for ?
>
> Thanks,
> Viral
>
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > if SCR take effect, you can see releated logs in the datanode log.

+
lars hofhansl 2013-07-04, 09:07
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:12