Pig >> mail # user >> Question about UDFs and tuple ordering

Question about UDFs and tuple ordering
Hi,
I'm fairly new to writing UDFs and Pig in general.  I want to be able to write a UDF that can take advantage of MapReduce's sorting of data.  Specifically, I'm trying to conceive how I'd write a UDF to do a specialized join or a pivot. In both cases, sorting would be useful.  EvalFunc seems to give no guarantees about ordering of tuples that are passed in.

Is there any way to do such things as a UDF?

TIA for your help,
Brian Stempin
Machine Learning Engineer
ColdLight Solutions, LLC

This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. In addition, the contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While ColdLight Solutions, LLC has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should perform your own virus checks before opening the attachment.
+
Russell Jurney 2012-10-05, 16:36
+
Brian Stempin 2012-10-05, 18:01