MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?

+
Geelong Yao 2013-12-12, 11:42
+
pengwenwu2008 2013-12-12, 11:51
Re:Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?
Chris Mawata 2013-12-14, 03:58
Alternatively just configure each installation to use different directories
for NameNode and DataNode data so that formatting one does not mess up the
other.
Chris
On Dec 12, 2013 6:51 AM, "pengwenwu2008" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In this case,you need to handle the HDFS version issue when you switch
> from A to B or B to A.
>
> Regards,
> Wenwu
>

> At 2013-12-12 19:42:27,"Geelong Yao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris
>
> You are correct.
> When I am testing the performance of version A, I would shut-down the
> version B
> But I do not know whether I could install two version of hadoop at the
> same cluster
>

> 2013/12/12 Chris Mawata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>  If you are planning to take measurements when both are running they
>> won't be representative of either one. For instance, your network could
>> look like a bottleneck when both are running even if it could handle each
>> one on its own. Datanodes that would have had capacity allowing local
>> processing might not have capacity because they are servicing the other
>> cluster etc. I would test them one at a time.
>> Chris
>>

>> On 12/11/2013 6:49 AM, Geelong Yao wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Everyone
>>

>> Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same
>> cluster?and running at the same time?
>> I have installed CDH4 on my cluster,but for the test requirements we need hadoop
>> v0.20.2 at the same time
>>
>> Is there any solution for my situation?
>>

>> BRs
>> Geelong