MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?

+
Geelong Yao 2013-12-12, 11:42
+
pengwenwu2008 2013-12-12, 11:51
Re:Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?
Alternatively just configure each installation to use different directories
for NameNode and DataNode data so that formatting one does not mess up the
other.
Chris
On Dec 12, 2013 6:51 AM, "pengwenwu2008" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In this case,you need to handle the HDFS version issue when you switch
> from A to B or B to A.
>
> Regards,
> Wenwu
>

> At 2013-12-12 19:42:27,"Geelong Yao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris
>
> You are correct.
> When I am testing the performance of version A, I would shut-down the
> version B
> But I do not know whether I could install two version of hadoop at the
> same cluster
>

> 2013/12/12 Chris Mawata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>  If you are planning to take measurements when both are running they
>> won't be representative of either one. For instance, your network could
>> look like a bottleneck when both are running even if it could handle each
>> one on its own. Datanodes that would have had capacity allowing local
>> processing might not have capacity because they are servicing the other
>> cluster etc. I would test them one at a time.
>> Chris
>>

>> On 12/11/2013 6:49 AM, Geelong Yao wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Everyone
>>

>> Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same
>> cluster?and running at the same time?
>> I have installed CDH4 on my cluster,but for the test requirements we need hadoop
>> v0.20.2 at the same time
>>
>> Is there any solution for my situation?
>>

>> BRs
>> Geelong