Drill, mail # dev - RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?

+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-06, 20:11
+
Grant Ingersoll 2013-09-09, 14:28
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-07, 17:00
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-08, 04:37
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-08, 05:14
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-08, 05:43
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-08, 06:04
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-08, 17:03
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-08, 20:17
+
Isabel Drost-Fromm 2013-09-09, 14:33
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-09, 16:11
+
Jason Altekruse 2013-09-10, 02:57
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-09, 18:07
+
Grant Ingersoll 2013-09-09, 18:37
+
Ashish 2013-09-09, 03:55
+
Ashish 2013-09-09, 06:21
+
Lisen Mu 2013-09-09, 04:19
+
Timothy Chen 2013-09-09, 05:30
Re: RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?
Michael Hausenblas 2013-09-10, 13:57

I essentially followed https://github.com/vrtx/incubator-drill/blob/getting_started/docs/getting_started.rst using apache-drill-1.0.0-m1.rc3 on MacOS 10.8.4.

All seems to work. I did notice the slightly strange noise Lilith makes when you have a syntax error ;)

Here are my observations:

* I had to do an 'export DRILL_LOG_DIR=$PWD'  as /var/log seems not to be write-able per default on MacOS
* We should document how to exit sqlline—this one is rather annoying (standard stuff like exit; or quit; or CTRL+C doesn't seem to work and CTRL+D kills my terminal)
* A JSON example data file seems to be missing in sample-data/
* I created a JSON doc in sample-data/ as seen in https://github.com/vrtx/incubator-drill/blob/getting_started/docs/getting_started.rst and that resulted in:

0: jdbc:drill:schema=json> SELECT _MAP['name'], _MAP['age'] FROM "sample-data/test-0.json";
Sep 10, 2013 2:48:30 PM org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException <init>
SEVERE: org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Table 'sample-data/test-0.json' not found
Sep 10, 2013 2:48:30 PM org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseException <init>

BTW, I'll give a live demo in two days time in Stockholm, see http://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/129201812/ and will share the slides, afterwards.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 6 Sep 2013, at 21:11, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please find updated artifacts that include fixes for sample data directory
> and rebuffed-only jars in the binary distribution.  Source release should
> be unchanged but should be checked nonetheless.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-1.0.0-m1.rc3/
>
> Vote for 3 days.  Closes Monday, 1:30 Pacific.
>
> Thanks,
> Jacques
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-10, 15:58