Drill >> mail # dev >> RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?

Re: RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?

I essentially followed https://github.com/vrtx/incubator-drill/blob/getting_started/docs/getting_started.rst using apache-drill-1.0.0-m1.rc3 on MacOS 10.8.4.

All seems to work. I did notice the slightly strange noise Lilith makes when you have a syntax error ;)

Here are my observations:

* I had to do an 'export DRILL_LOG_DIR=$PWD'  as /var/log seems not to be write-able per default on MacOS
* We should document how to exit sqlline—this one is rather annoying (standard stuff like exit; or quit; or CTRL+C doesn't seem to work and CTRL+D kills my terminal)
* A JSON example data file seems to be missing in sample-data/
* I created a JSON doc in sample-data/ as seen in https://github.com/vrtx/incubator-drill/blob/getting_started/docs/getting_started.rst and that resulted in:

0: jdbc:drill:schema=json> SELECT _MAP['name'], _MAP['age'] FROM "sample-data/test-0.json";
Sep 10, 2013 2:48:30 PM org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException <init>
SEVERE: org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Table 'sample-data/test-0.json' not found
Sep 10, 2013 2:48:30 PM org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseException <init>

BTW, I'll give a live demo in two days time in Stockholm, see http://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/129201812/ and will share the slides, afterwards.

Cheers,
Michael

--