HBase >> mail # user >> Migrate 0.94 to remote 0.96

Migrate 0.94 to remote 0.96
Hi,

I have a 0.94 (hadoop 1.0.3) cluster that I want to migrate to a 0.96
(hadoop 2.2.0) cluster. However, there is no network connection between the
2 clusters... What's the best way to do that?

I tried with a single table first. Did an extract from 0.94 to the local
disk using hadoop get of all the files into /hbase/tablename and tried to
re-import on the 0.96 side. I was able to see the table name, but not the
content. I guess because of namespace and others, it's not doable?

Another option is to export in CVS format, then transfer. the files, and
re-import on the 0.96 side. But I would have liked to keep the regions
splits, etc.

So the only working option I see for now is the CVS. Any other one?

Next, if I'm able to get a network between the 2 clusters, then copytable
should be the best option? Or an I "simply" dist-cp with entire /hbase
folder? I guess this last option is not reall correct since I will have a
0.94 format in the 0.96 cluster. Or will the 0.96 cluster automatically
convert each table with is in the old format?

Thanks,

JM