HBase >> mail # user >> Ganglia Vs Nagios

+
bhushan.kandalkar 2013-02-27, 06:40
Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios
Ganglia is monitoring and trending.
Nagios is health checking and alerting.
There are also many other tools, like Cacti, for example. Very similar functionality to Ganglia,
It all depends on what kind of information you need to get.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Leonid Fedotov
On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:40 PM, bhushan.kandalkar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to monitor my Hadoop/HBase cluster.
>
> Which tool is good? Ganglia or Nagios?
>
> Thanks,
> Bhushan
>

> Disclaimer:
> This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and
> is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission, d
> issemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is proh
> ibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by mistak
> e and delete it from your system. Information in this message that does not
> relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neithe
> r given nor endorsed by it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be s
> ecure or error-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
> transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version
> . Visit us at http://www.harbingergroup.com/

Enis Söztutar 2013-02-28, 02:59
+
Swathi V 2013-02-27, 07:35