MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification Daryn. That is what I was asking before when I
> said "From my limited understanding, this doesn't seem like a API or a
> compatibility issue. Can we not fix it in subsequent bug-fix releases? "
>
> Now, I was wavering as to whether we can omit this or not. There are other
> such things like YARN-1082 (RM restart doesn't work in security), YARN-49
> (dist-shell in secure mode) etc. that is essentially a loss of some
> functionality in some cases (secure mode).
>
> Flipping back the question, aren't we okay release now with all the API
> changes that are already in and then immediately follow up with a bunch of
> bug-fix releases or wait till 'everything' gets fixed.
>
> Posing the question like that, I am willing to move ahead without waiting
> for these fixes, but that's just me.
>
> What do others think?

Pushing a 2.1.0 out this week and following up with 2.1.1 in Sep might
actually be a pretty good plan. That said, we have to be *really*
conservative on what goes into 2.1.1 and make sure we can have
it out on time.

Thanks,
Roman.