Avro, mail # dev - C library

Re: C library
Bruce Mitchener 2010-10-14, 02:01
Hi Doug,

I didn't write the existing C library, but I've used it and done some work
on it.  I'm currently writing my own more minimal and more streamlined
implementation of Avro in C ...

The issues with glib specifically would be:
   - The license is not acceptable for use here. (LGPL)
   - It is much bigger than what is needed here.
   - Many of the things that make it more general would also make it slower
   than necessary. The existing C code isn't a speed demon either, but the C
   implementation should aim for solid performance.
 - Bruce