HBase >> mail # dev >> assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?

+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-05, 19:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 01:20
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 02:57
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 03:53
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 17:26
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2012-12-06, 18:18
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 18:35
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 18:34
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 18:39
+
Stack 2012-12-06, 18:44
Re: assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The master sending a close on a region that is opening will result in
>> cancelling the open.
>>

> So you think we could use this in say the TM instead of taking over the
> znode and hoping it will notice the hijacking (currently, by trying to
> transition the znode or alternatively by having a watcher on the znode so
> it gets a callback when the master takes it over)?

Currently, the rs seems to not have a watcher on the znode. It could use a
watcher of course.

>> Before we remove it, should we list all exceptional cases and make
>> sure they are covered?
>>

> No harm I'd say.  Could do it in hbase-7247?

OK.

> St.Ack
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 03:53