MapReduce >> mail # user >> Possible to run an application jar as a hadoop daemon?

Possible to run an application jar as a hadoop daemon?
Hi al,

I have a java application jar that converts some files and writes directly
into hdfs.

If I want to run the jar I need to run it using "hadoop jar <application
jar>", so that it can access HDFS (that is running "java -jar <application
jar> results in a HDFS error").

Is it possible to run an jar as a hadoop daemon?

Cheers,

Krishna