HBase >> mail # dev >> assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?

+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-05, 19:48
assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
My information here may be stale.

I remember we increased the timeout interval from 3 to 30 minutes, because
the master injecting itself into mid-assignment often triggered races and
led to double assignments and other bad stuff. At 30 minutes, this is not
useful IMO. As an operator I'd run hbck to sort it out long before then.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)