HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessor / threading model

+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-13, 00:06
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 02:39
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-13, 02:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 03:58
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-13, 10:04
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-13, 10:42
+
Anoop John 2013-01-13, 16:12
+
Wei Tan 2013-01-15, 18:44
+
Varun Sharma 2013-01-15, 18:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-15, 19:20
Re: Coprocessor / threading model
Thanks Andrew for your detailed clarification.
Now I understand that in general, the system is subject to CAP theorem.
You want good consistency AND latency, then partition tolerance needs to
be sacrificed: this is the "local index" approach, i.e., colocate index
and data and avoid RPC.

Otherwise, if you can tolerate consistency but not latency, you put RPCs
in a queue and process them in the background. By this means you can have
a "global" index with some lag.
Best Regards,
Wei

Wei Tan