HBase >> mail # user >> GET performance degrades over time

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 09:16
+
Bing Jiang 2013-05-16, 10:49
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-16, 16:28
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:50
Re: GET performance degrades over time
> Have you checked your HBase environment? I think it perhaps come from:
> 1) System uses more swap frequently when your continue to execute Gets
> operation?

I have set swap to 0. AFAIK, that's a recommended practice. Let me know if
that should not be followed for nodes running HBase.
> 2) check the setting "hfile.block.cache.size" in your hbase-site.xml.

It's the default i.e. 0.25
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-16, 18:46
+