Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSSION] Combine committer lists in Common/HDFS/MapReduce

+
Chris Douglas 2010-08-06, 21:02
+
Doug Cutting 2010-08-06, 21:47
+
Arun C Murthy 2010-08-08, 19:21
+
Devaraj Das 2010-08-08, 19:50
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2010-08-09, 04:42
+
Steve Loughran 2010-08-09, 11:07
+
Owen OMalley 2010-08-09, 16:23
+
Doug Cutting 2010-08-09, 16:26
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2010-08-10, 00:40
Re: [DISCUSSION] Combine committer lists in Common/HDFS/MapReduce
> > I'd like to get rid of Common.  It could either be merged into HDFS or
> > gradually whittled away to nothing.  I'd prefer the latter.  If we move
> > to different RPC and serialization systems (e.g., Avro) then Common's
> > io, and ipc packages might be removed.  Configuration might be
> > replaced/merged with Jakarta Commons Configuration
> > (http://commons.apache.org/configuration/).  Similarly, the metrics and
> > fs packages might be moved to Jakarta Commons.  Such changes might be
> > hard to do back-compatibly, however.
>
> Great idea. We should do this.

Cool, created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6909 to track.
+