HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see no reason that 0.98 cannot come out a week or a month after 0.96;

 tags is close and justification enough for a major release.
> I propose Andrew as RM for 0.98/1.0.0 if he is up for taking it on.
I would be pleased to volunteer to RM 0.98.

It will be a challenge for anyone to live up to your outstanding example
for 0.96.

If I were to be your RM for 0.98, then I would suggest a .0 release in the
beginning of October. There are 42 open issues against 0.98 specifically
and I would like to also provide everyone some time for post 0.96 release
thinking.

I am not sure we should move from 0.98 to 1.0 without another interim
release, that would be a call for a later time perhaps, maybe a 1.0 release
at the start of January 2014.
--
Best regards,

   - Andy