Hadoop >> mail # user >> map/reduce job conf settings ignored? (bug?)

Re: map/reduce job conf settings ignored? (bug?)
Also note that the property may have been set up as "final" meaning you can't override it (without reconfiguring the cluster).  I had a problem like this.

On Mar 4, 2011, at 8:43 AM, Harsh J wrote:

> As the name goes (mapred.tasktracker.*), that is a TaskTracker
> initialization property, not a Job-specific one. Can only be changed
> in mapred-site.xml (after which the TaskTracker may need to be
> restarted to reflect the change)
>
> --
> Harsh J
> www.harshj.com

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson