Eric Yang 2012-12-11, 00:40
Alan and I have some conversations, and we need community support to bring
more mind share to Chukwa project. I have been doing some thinking for
2013 for improvement in community development. The list of improvements
that we could do to make this more user friendly are:
- Primary focus is to collect Hadoop and related technology log files and
- Add web UI for showing a list of running adaptors.
- Add web UI for showing status of data streams written to destination
- Consolidate Agent and Collector features to use Chukwa Agent as the
primary process for data collection.
- Replace SequenceFileWriter with WebHDFS support, discuss if changing
sequence file format to avro make sense.
- Organize meet up group in 2013. The people that I know using Chukwa are
quite distributed in Egypt, Spain, China, Canada, and US. I am not sure if
local meetup would help. It may be more useful to join ApacheCon to market
Chukwa idea, but I am not familiar with ApacheCon. Your input in organize
Meetup group would be helpful.
Consider this short list as a way to develop the community. Let me know
what you think, and what feature you like to tinker. This would help us
develop the community. Thanks