Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Chukwa 2013

Hi all,

Alan and I have some conversations, and we need community support to bring
more mind share to Chukwa project.  I have been doing some thinking for
2013 for improvement in community development.  The list of improvements
that we could do to make this more user friendly are:

- Primary focus is to collect Hadoop and related technology log files and
metrics
- Add web UI for showing a list of running adaptors.
- Add web UI for showing status of data streams written to destination
- Consolidate Agent and Collector features to use Chukwa Agent as the
primary process for data collection.
- Replace SequenceFileWriter with WebHDFS support, discuss if changing
sequence file format to avro make sense.
- Organize meet up group in 2013.  The people that I know using Chukwa are
quite distributed in Egypt, Spain, China, Canada, and US.  I am not sure if
local meetup would help.  It may be more useful to join ApacheCon to market
Chukwa idea, but I am not familiar with ApacheCon.  Your input in organize
Meetup group  would be helpful.

Consider this short list as a way to develop the community.  Let me know
what you think, and what feature you like to tinker.  This would help us
develop the community. Thanks

regards,
Eric