Drill >> mail # dev >> Setting up a cluster

+
Alexandre BECHE 2013-07-10, 13:22
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-07-10, 21:21
+
Ted Dunning 2013-07-11, 00:36
+
Alexandre BECHE 2013-07-16, 21:26
+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-07-16, 21:33
Re: Setting up a cluster
Thanks for your answer.

But in the meantime, does it make sense to start deploying drillbit and get
the first steps working?
Which deployment model would you recommend (single machine or cluster mode).

Cheers,
Alex
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > As far as I understood, this webUI http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/is
> > currently working with elasticsearch (does it mean it will be supported
> in
> > the future?).
>

> Note that the above URL was just a demo deployment. As soon as DRILL-77
> [1], the REST API, is resolved (or close to) I'll port the UI over to it.
> ES was just necessary back then (Oct last year IIRC) as no backend existed.
>
> You can track the progress re the WebUI by subscribing to DRILL-58 [2]. I
> would think that Hari soon has a breakthrough with the REST API and this
> means I should get around to this also rather soonish.
>
> Hari, any thoughts re timing?
>

> Cheers,
>                 Michael
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-77
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-58
>
> --
> Michael Hausenblas
> Ireland, Europe
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>
> On 16 Jul 2013, at 22:26, Alexandre BECHE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I finally got the cluster ready and almost working properly. Now, I hope
> > start the data acquisition by the end of the week. As I understood that
> the
> > JSON scanner is much more advanced than the HBase one, I will start using
> > it.
> >
> > Now I have a few more questions, maybe dedicated to Michael.
> > As far as I understood, this webUI http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/is
> > currently working with elasticsearch (does it mean it will be supported
> in
> > the future?). My main question is: how far am I from using it with my own
> > json data stored in HDFS (ie. using the full stack) and what would be the
> > first step?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Cheers,
> > Alex
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Even that dependency change is often not necessary.  If your original
> >> dependency looks like this:
> >>
> >>    <dependency>
> >>      <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
> >>      <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
> >>      <version>1.1.0</version>
> >>      <scope>provided</scope>
> >>    </dependency>
> >>
> >> then your code should work with either Apache Hadoop or MapR.  All you
> have
> >> to do is make sure the jars for the distro you have are in the classpath
> >> correctly.  This does not package the Hadoop jars into your executable
> >> which can either be a virtue or a vice depending on your requirements.

+
Alexandre BECHE 2013-07-22, 12:27
+
Ted Dunning 2013-07-10, 21:02