MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-30, 13:29
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-30, 17:59
+
Bikas Saha 2013-07-31, 16:33
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-02, 13:29
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-08-05, 12:55
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-31, 02:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-01, 16:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-01, 18:30
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-08, 15:14
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-08-13, 17:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-15, 21:15
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-16, 17:34
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 17:39
+
Arun Murthy 2013-08-16, 20:44
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 21:55
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 22:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-16, 23:22
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 23:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-17, 02:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-08-21, 01:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-21, 02:27
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-21, 08:36
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 00:35
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-21, 20:25
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 22:49
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-22, 17:08
+
Jason Lowe 2013-08-21, 22:54
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-08-21, 20:27
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-08-21, 23:25
+
Bikas Saha 2013-08-22, 20:30
+
Rob Parker 2013-08-22, 17:53
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-22, 20:39
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-25, 19:38

Thanks for the clarification Daryn. That is what I was asking before when I said "From my limited understanding, this doesn't seem like a API or a compatibility issue. Can we not fix it in subsequent bug-fix releases? "

Now, I was wavering as to whether we can omit this or not. There are other such things like YARN-1082 (RM restart doesn't work in security), YARN-49 (dist-shell in secure mode) etc. that is essentially a loss of some functionality in some cases (secure mode).

Flipping back the question, aren't we okay release now with all the API changes that are already in and then immediately follow up with a bunch of bug-fix releases or wait till 'everything' gets fixed.

Posing the question like that, I am willing to move ahead without waiting for these fixes, but that's just me.

What do others think?

Thanks,
+Vinod

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE