MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-19, 21:49

Thanks for the clarification Daryn. That is what I was asking before when I said "From my limited understanding, this doesn't seem like a API or a compatibility issue. Can we not fix it in subsequent bug-fix releases? "

Now, I was wavering as to whether we can omit this or not. There are other such things like YARN-1082 (RM restart doesn't work in security), YARN-49 (dist-shell in secure mode) etc. that is essentially a loss of some functionality in some cases (secure mode).

Flipping back the question, aren't we okay release now with all the API changes that are already in and then immediately follow up with a bunch of bug-fix releases or wait till 'everything' gets fixed.

Posing the question like that, I am willing to move ahead without waiting for these fixes, but that's just me.

What do others think?

Thanks,
+Vinod

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE