MapReduce, mail # user - datanode write forwarding

+
Jay Vyas 2012-12-18, 20:56
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-18, 21:07
Re: datanode write forwarding
Harsh J 2012-12-18, 22:13
Hi,

The received write packet is directly socket-written to the next
node's receiver (async process - we don't wait for it to hit the disk
there), and then written onto the disk of self().

You may see HDFS classes BlockReceiver and PacketReceiver in trunk for
more information.

--
Harsh J
+