HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop V/S Cassandra

Re: Hadoop V/S Cassandra

On 12/06/2012 11:55 AM, yogesh dhari wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hadoop have different file system(HDFS) and Cassandra have different
> file system(CFS).
>
> As Hadoop have great Eco-System (Hive{Dataware House}, Hbase{Data
> Base} n etc..) and Cassandra(Database) it self providing its own file
> system
>
> Although  we can run Hadoop's Ecosystem on Cassandra (If I am right ?
> {like pig and hive})
>
> Hadoop have single point of Failure but Cassandra doesn't..
There are two projects in Hadoop working to avoid SPOF called HDFS HA
and HDFS Federation.
There is a new branch called YARN which include all this.

> Please put some light on both of these where Hadoop overtakes
> Cassandra an where Cassandra.
I think a more fair comparison is with HBase, not with Hadoop.
Look here
http://horicky.blogspot.com/2010/10/bigtable-model-with-cassandra-and-hbase.html

--

Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda