Hadoop >> mail # general >> Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Happy new year folks!

I'm glad to see that we are down to the last couple of blockers I hope we can resolve in the next 24-hrs or so.

Once done, I'll create a branch-2.0.3-alpha to unblock branch-2 for commits targeted towards the next release, create the new fix-versions in jira and spin the RC.
Committers - after the branch is created, please use only the new fix-version (2.0.4) and check with me before you commit to branch-2.0.3-alpha. Thanks.

As always, I'd appreciate help to resolve any unexpected surprises and also to help verify the RC.

Hopefully we can start the new year with a great release, there are lots of goodies in 2.0.3-alpha.

thanks,
Arun

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.