Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Hi Alejandro,
For build-time issues in branch-2 and beyond, this may make sense (although
I'm concerned about obscuring functionality in a way that only maven
experts will be able to understand).  In the particular case of
saveVersion.sh, I'd be happy to see it done automatically by the build
tools.

However, for build-time issues in the non-mavenized branch-1, and for
run-time issues in both worlds, the need for cross-platform scripting
remains.

Thanks,
--Matt