Accumulo, mail # dev - Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 03:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 03:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-13, 14:40
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:08
+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 21:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-14, 02:48
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 14:26
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 14:49
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 15:53
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 18:04
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-17, 18:46
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 18:22
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 18:49
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 19:11
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:17
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 19:35
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:51
+
Michael Berman 2013-05-17, 20:00
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 20:20
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 21:12
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 21:39
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-18, 02:11
+
Christopher 2013-05-18, 02:39
+
Dave Marion 2013-05-17, 22:01
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:53
+
Drew Pierce 2013-05-17, 21:42
+
Michael Allen 2013-05-17, 21:19
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:39
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 21:36
I think the point here is that *a* copy of the compiled native maps *is*
included. The point here is that the compiled library is now
platform/architecture dependent, and, how far should we go to make
things easier?

Adam, I don't recall seeing "dramatically less emails" on our lists, so
I would have to disagree with you on that point. Christopher does bring
up a good point on this subject: "what does -dist even mean?". Should it
work on linux-amd64? Linux-x86? OSX-intel? Windows-x64? OSX-ppc? Sparc?

In the interest of actually making something positive come out of this
that satisfies all parties, I move that we make an
${artifact}-${version}-src.tar.gz and
${artifact}-${version}-something.tar.gz. '-src' contains the expected
ASF source release, and '-something' contains the source and compiled
artifacts (platform specific and not). If '-something' == '-dist',
that's fine. In fact, I really don't care in that regard. If someone has
a better suggestion than '-dist' which is succinct and more descriptive,
I'd be happy to use that suggestion instead.

If I missed some caveat here, I apologize.

+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 21:34
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 20:26