HBase >> mail # user >> Which Version of Hadoop Should I Use?

Which Version of Hadoop Should I Use?
Dear all,

I am starting to learn how to use HBase. I am a little bit confused about
the version of Hadoop. Which one should I use?

According to the book, HBase - The Definitive Guide, Page. 47, it is said
that "The current version of HBase will only run on Hadoop 0.20.x."

But, in the page of http://hbase.apache.org/book/hadoop.html, it is said
"HBase will lose data unless it is running on an HDFS that has a durable
sync implementation. Hadoop 0.20.2, Hadoop 0.20.203.0, and Hadoop
0.20.204.0 DO NOT have this attribute. Currently only Hadoop versions
0.20.205.x or any release in excess of this version -- this includes hadoop
1.0.0 -- have a working, durable sync." If so, Hadoop 0.20.x can NOT be
used with the latest version HBase?

Now the version of HBase I am learning is 0.92. I noticed that a jar
file, hadoop-core-1.0.0.jar, was there. It seems that the HBase can run
with Hadoop 1.0?

Could you please give me a hand on this?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing