MapReduce >> mail # user >> Namenode doesn't accurately know datanodes free-space

Namenode doesn't accurately know datanodes free-space
I see that the Namenode always reports datanodes as having about 5% more
space then they actually do.

And I recently added some smaller datanodes into the cluster and the drives
filled up to 100%, not respecting the 5GB I had reserved for Map Reduce
with this property from mapred-site.xml:
    <property>
      <name>dfs.datanode.du.reserved</name>
      <value>5368709120</value>
    </property>

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?