Avro >> mail # dev >> Anyone started work on RPC implementation for avro C ?

Re: Anyone started work on RPC implementation for avro C ?
> Our project is using the Java avro RPC connectivity to flume, we have a bit of C++ and C code that needs to connect to flume also.
>
> Checked out the avro.apache trunk, not seeing any RPC C implementation.
>
> Wanted to double check if anyone out there has already started the C RPC implementation to collaborate with, otherwise will begin doing a prototype.

Hi Geoff,

There's a JIRA issue open for RPC support in the C bindings:

This includes a patch, but we've had some API changes since then, so it doesn't apply cleanly.  I think that would be a fantastic starting point if you're willing to contribute some development effort fixing any merge conflicts.  And I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the changes and how they relate to the RPC patch.

cheers
–doug