Pig >> mail # dev >> Pig 0.10 on YARN

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-29, 06:32
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-03-29, 16:08
Re: Pig 0.10 on YARN
There's no problem with Pig itself. If I use Pig CLI I can run some PigLatin
scripts and they go all the way to the completion.

The problem arises while running TestPigTest _programmatically_ e.g. using
JUnit runner. Is there any secret debug options in this case? I've looked
through the code but didn't spot anything immediately.

I will give "-secretDebugCmd" a try anyway - it might give me some ideas...

Appreciate the help!
  Cos

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 09:08AM, Dmitriy Ryaboy wrote:
> Can you run `pig -secretDebugCmd` and look at your paths? I suspect there's
> something going on there, like not having the right configs or hadoop jars.
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> >
> > I am trying to run TestPigTest against a fanctional Hadoop 2.0 YARN
> > cluster -
> > I can run MR jobs using Hive or plain MR examples. However, it is going
> > somewhat unsuccessful. While using pig "far" jar file - e.g. with
> > everything
> > repacked inside of it - I seeminly can run TestPigTest against a real
> > cluster.
> >
> > However, while using pig-withouthadoop.jar and adding all needed
> > dependencies
> > to the classpath, Pig is failing to communicate with YARN nor submit any MR
> > jobs. There's no exceptions, not error messages anywhere in the logs. Have
> > anyone seen anything similar?
> >
> > Any input is highly appreciated!
> >
> > --
> > With regards,