HBase, mail # user - How to use avro with HBase now?

+
Andrey Kouznetsov 2013-02-01, 08:28
Re: How to use avro with HBase now?
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-01, 08:44
Hi,

IIRC, it's still there on 0.94. 0.96 is not yet released, it's still in
dev, so 0.94 is anyway the version to use. HBASE-6553 contains the patch to
revert if you want to build your own 0.96 version with Avro.

>From the mail archive, the reasons for deprecate it then remote it were:
'HBASE-2400 introduced a new connector contrib architecturally equivalent
to the
Thrift connector, but using Avro serialization and associated transport and
RPC
server work. However, it remains unfinished, was developed against an old
version of Avro, is currently not maintained, and is regarded as "not
production
quality"'

So it will be complicated anyway... You may want to investigate some other
solutions (hbase java api, async hbase, ...)

Cheers,

Nicolas

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Andrey Kouznetsov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello HBASE users!
>
> My project is integrating with another projects using Avro. The project
> started using HBase and it would be useful to use some HBase Avro API but
> according to HBASE-6653[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6553]
> avro gateway support has been removed in HBase 0.96.0.
> Is it possible to find this gateway anywhere in opensource lands? I was
> digging into github and *.apache.org but didn't found anything useful.
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-01, 19:04