HBase >> mail # user >> hbase.cluster.distributed property in hbase-site.xml

Re: hbase.cluster.distributed property in hbase-site.xml
Hi Vinay,

I'm not 100% sure but I think the key is ZooKeeper...

    <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
      false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed Zookeeper
      true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)
    </description>

On my side, I have an external ZK, so I have put this as true even if I'm
pseudo-distributed since I want to handle ZK myself. But if you want a
Pseudo-Distributed mode and you want to let HBase manage ZK, then you need
to put it at false.

If you put it at true, then you have to specify the qorum property too.

My understanding.

JM