MapReduce, mail # user - Why they recommend this (CPU) ?

Why they recommend this (CPU) ?
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-10-11, 16:22
Hello Hadoopers,

I was reading the hardware recommendation doc. from Cloudera/HP, and
this is one of the recommendation about CPU.

"To remove the bottleneck for CPU bound workloads, for the best
cost/performance tradeoff, we recommend buying 6 core processors with
faster clock speeds as opposed to buying 8 core processors."

Yes, my application is heavily using CPU than IO, but isn't that we
need more cores --> more slots (yes..with enough memory) more
computation slots.
My gut feeling doesn't tell me that 6 core with faster clock would
deliver more horse power than 8 cores. I guess because it said
"cost/performance".

What do guys think?

Thanks in advance
Patai