HBase >> mail # user >> HBase backup, recovery, replication et al

Re: HBase backup, recovery, replication et al
We're running HBase replication successfully on a 500 TB (compressed - raw
is about 2PB) cluster over a 60ms link across the country.  I'd give it a
thumbs up for dealing with loss of a cluster and being able to run
applications in two places that can tolerate inconsistency from the
asynchronous nature. ( http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html )

You'll still want some sort of snapshot / export to be able to recover from
bugs / corruption which gets replicated.  We're intending to try out hbase
snapshots ( http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops.snapshots.html ) once we've
deployed a release with support.

I'd also recommend using a recent 0.94 release if possible.

Dave