Avro >> mail # user >> Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 16:24
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 16:27
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 17:55
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:12
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 18:40
Re: Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The restrictions on names are primarily to facilitate translation into
> programming languages.  Map keys are user data, not part of a schema
> that might be so translated.  We restricted map keys to strings, since
> the standard map implementations in some programming languages don't
> permit arbitrary types in keys.

I was talking about what is allowed in map keys, not values -- if map
keys were able to be anything other than strings, Avro could not be
mapped to JSON.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com