Hive >> mail # user >> Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.

+
Hans Uhlig 2012-02-27, 17:17
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-02-27, 17:19
+
Hans Uhlig 2012-02-27, 17:53
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-02-27, 17:58
Re: Adding Hive Partitions Programatically.
Also consider that if you're using the metastore API, you'll most likely
need to recompile  whenever you upgrade hive, while you most likely won't
need to do that if you use thrift.

R.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You can use the metastore API directly if you source all the correct
> hadoop and hive xml files, have all of hives/lib in your classpath and
> network access.  It is much more graceful to correct through the
> thrift service.
>

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Hans Uhlig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am using external tables already. Is the Metastore API not a usable API
> > from inside another Java Application?
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> The most programmatic way is to use external tables and then use
> >> HiveService (thrift) to add the partition after your MR job has ran
> >> successfully.

> IF
> completes.

+