HDFS >> mail # user >> Best practices for adding services to Hadoop cluster?

Best practices for adding services to Hadoop cluster?
Hi,

my Hadop cluster needs help: some tasks have to be done by a Windows server
with specialized closed-source software. How do I add them to the mix? For
example, I can run Tomcat, and the mapper would be calling a servlet there.
Is there anything better, which would be closer to the fault-tolerant
architecture of Hadoop itself?

Thank you,
Mark
+