MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

Arun C Murthy 2013-08-17, 02:20
Yep, there are quite a number of such fixes in 2.1.1 ATM, I think it will serve us better to get 2.1.0 out and then quickly turn around to make 2.1.1.

My current plan is to start work on 2.1.1 right after this release gets complete… hopefully next week.

thanks,
Arun

On Aug 16, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are other such isolated and well understood bug-fixes that we pushed to 2.1.1 in the interesting of making progress with 2.1.0 and the corresponding API changes.
>
> 2.1.1 should happen soon enough after this.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Aug 16, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>
>> What are the downsides of getting this fix into the 2.1? It appears
>> that the fix is pretty isolated and well understood.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Kihwal Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I've changed the target version of HADOOP-9880 to 2.1.1.  Please change it back, if you feel that it needs to be in 2.1.0-beta.
>>>

>>> Kihwal

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/