*From:* Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*Date:* August 14, 2012 11:30:25 PM PDT
*To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Subject:* *Javascript UDFs don't work in local mode? At all?*

I am loading 'test.js' in my script exactly as in the documentation for Pig
0.10, and the file contains the pasted example Javascript UDFs and I get:

===============================================================================Pig Stack Trace
---------------
ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/mozilla/javascript/EcmaError

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/EcmaError
 at org.apache.pig.scripting.ScriptEngine.getInstance(ScriptEngine.java:254)
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerCode(PigServer.java:523)
 at
org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processRegister(GruntParser.java:422)
at
org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:419)
 at
org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:189)
at
org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:165)
 at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt.run(Grunt.java:69)
at org.apache.pig.Main.run(Main.java:490)
 at
at
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError
... 16 more

Help, I wanted to include a javascript UDF in a blog post :(